• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

No comparison. Go Swiss.
The K31s seem to be made the same as a fine watch, while the MN is a brute force club. Lol...I do like both though.

Got a line on a reasonable Polish M44 for $250. But was looking around at the K31s too and have been impressed with what I have seen and read about them. They are twice that price, and more, depending on grade, but I'm sure it would be worth it.

Seems to me the days of 'interesting' surplus guns being imported is largely gone.

As there's a finite supply the best examples are appreciating quite steeply in some cases. K31, Lahti, even the good old Russian Nagant they gave away at $99 or less I see listed at $250+ !

Take Lugers, a few years ago you could buy a decent russian / east german dipped for around $600-$700. Now, it seems, even pretty poor examples can push $1k+ on the open market. There are still a few places they change hands for more sensible numbers, but anything collectible is pretty much beyond my reach nowadays.
I remember seeing one of those big Steel crates at Cherokee Gun and Pawn and you could pick out the Nagant you want for 99 bucks. Been a long time ago but they had probably 25 30 40 guns in there all of them 99 bucks a piece take your pick.

The K31s seem to be made the same as a fine watch, while the MN is a brute force club. Lol...I do like both though.

Got a line on a very reasonable Polish M44 for $250. But was looking around at the K31s too and have been impressed with what I have seen and read about them. They are twice that price, and more, depending on grade, but I'm sure it would be worth it.
If you can find one with any finish at all remaining for $500, that's a good buy on a fine rifle.

If you're just looking for something to sling lead, go with the mosin. If you want a fine collector's piece that you won't shoot much, go with a Schmidt Rubin

Back
Top Bottom