• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I can't wait until they reveal a very special set of ultra collectible Mosin Nagant 91/30s with updated round receivers. I've always wanted to get a rifle made in Russia, a true collectible since Russian arms are now banned from import. Maybe they will be offered for a low introductory price of $499, especially since imports are in smaller numbers now.

I think the only reason I watch these emails from Classic is to get flabbergasted. $749 for a VZ52? Give me a break. 30 seconds on gun broker shows 4-5 at less than half the price.

I should probably start my own thread whining about the market.

Not a bad price, per se...

https://www.classicfirearms.com/swiss-96-11-7-5-x-55-straight-pull-rifle

Classic used to be a great go-to for quirky stuff.

When they started the whole "last shipment" thing, I kinda lost interest.

I love Swiss rifles and all, and I would get one of these if I didn't already have one.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my eye on one, but I can't bear to bring myself to taking on yet another caliber. Between 8mm, 8x56R, .303, and 7.62x54R just for C&Rs, I have my hands full. They also had a decent deal on Bulgy Maks for $319 a couple weeks ago, which I regret not taking advantage of...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my eye on one, but I can't bear to bring myself to taking on yet another caliber. Between 8mm, 8x56R, .303, and 7.62x54R just for C&Rs, I have my hands full. They also had a decent deal on Bulgy Maks for $319 a couple weeks ago, which I regret not taking advantage of...

The reason I don't have .308...new caliber sickness for sure!

The possibilities are endless...M14, FAL, etc, etc...

I made a conscious decision years ago to go 7.62x54R instead of .308 and I haven't looked back since!

Well, I have peeked some, to be truthful...

The reason I don't have .308...new caliber sickness for sure!

The possibilities are endless...M14, FAL, etc, etc...

I made a conscious decision years ago to go 7.62x54R instead of .308 and I haven't looked back since!

Well, I have peeked some, to be truthful...
I took the .308 dive a couple of years back. Always wanted a G3 oh so very badly since I was a kid. I ended up with a PTR91, which is close enough. Really want to pick up a FAL and an M1A one of these days, but that's probably not gonna happen for quite some time. Pistol calibers are even worse.

I took the .308 dive a couple of years back. Always wanted a G3 oh so very badly since I was a kid. I ended up with a PTR91, which is close enough. Really want to pick up a FAL and an M1A one of these days, but that's probably not gonna happen for quite some time. Pistol calibers are even worse.

Love the .308

Polytech M14S
PTR 91
CAI Imbel L1A1 FAL clone Here is one if anyone is interested http://www.gunbroker.com/item/592517315

All great shooters

Back
Top Bottom