• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How long has it been since you've seen these?

We lived just around the corner to a convenience store. So maybe two or three tomes a year I'd go out and check the ditches for bottles. I'd find like 5 or so. I'd take them down to the store and trade them for a full size Coke, candybar and some bubble gum. Good times
LOL, Same for me the 7-11 had type of corral just for empty soda bottles I'd go around the neighborhood gathering them up in my wagon then cash in for sodas, candy, and comic books.

We lived just around the corner to a convenience store. So maybe two or three tomes a year I'd go out and check the ditches for bottles. I'd find like 5 or so. I'd take them down to the store and trade them for a full size Coke, candybar and some bubble gum. Good times

LOL, Same for me the 7-11 had type of corral just for empty soda bottles I'd go around the neighborhood gathering them up in my wagon then cash in for sodas, candy, and comic books.
Put me down as another member of the coke bottle club.
Had an old surplus parachute bag I'd throw over the handlebars of my bike and ride around until I had a load to trade in.
One time I was hauling ass down a hill and the bag slipped and went into my front spokes. For a brief moment I knew what it felt like to fly...good times.

I think I remember saving and picking up alluminum cans. I want to say about 1977 if you had 16 cans, they were worth $1.00. Cans weigh about half or less now and aluminum brings only about 55 cents per lb.

Always thought it was a gyp that kids in Mich could get a dime for a bottle while we got a nickel. Might have been the beginnings of my mistrust of "those people.'

Poors...

20240420_200832.jpg

Sold something this morning and he paid with old script. 1985 dates. I wish they could talk. I was getting my commission when these were printed. Seems like a lifetime ago.
View attachment 7157766
Last Summer the girls at the local convince store were upset. They were saying I cant believe he just paid with counterfeit money. I asked to look at it. Lol. It was well wore Silver certificates from the 30s and 50s. I said Its real I will take all 6 of them.

Test them for cocaine
I got 11k out of the bank to pay for flooring. After I got the quote I asked for a discount with cash. At first it was no. But then they thiught about it and said 3%. I said no. I get 3% back from my card for purchase on the next 90 days. 5%. They said ok.
Now I go to pain management and get drug tested 5 to 6 times a year. I failed the test for Positive for fentanol. I told the doctor there's no way. He said oh weekend of partying.

Put me down as another member of the coke bottle club.
Had an old surplus parachute bag I'd throw over the handlebars of my bike and ride around until I had a load to trade in.
One time I was hauling ass down a hill and the bag slipped and went into my front spokes. For a brief moment I knew what it felt like to fly...good times.
Fly through the air with the greatest of ease.........Then that sudden landing. It would've been an abrupt stop, but that's when physics kicked in.........You had too much momentum to have a sudden stop. This is when you realize by the time you do stop, it's goin to hurt.......Then a month or so healing up from road rash if you're lucky, with no broken bones..........

I think I remember saving and picking up alluminum cans. I want to say about 1977 if you had 16 cans, they were worth $1.00. Cans weigh about half or less now and aluminum brings only about 55 cents per lb.

Always thought it was a gyp that kids in Mich could get a dime for a bottle while we got a nickel. Might have been the beginnings of my mistrust of "those people.'
Hmm, I had no idea they were getting more up north.....

Back
Top Bottom