How long in your hold out / Bunker

Bioshock

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fellow Traveler
85   0
Reaction score
If there was a biological exposure,how long would you have to bunk in before
being able to safely go outside?

How would you prepare you structure to keep the particals / agent out?

Duct tape and plastic I guess, but if anything is airborne you're screwed no matter what unless you have an extremely elaborate filtration for your whole house. Even if you have a personal respirator you're going to have to eat/drink eventually which means you'll be exposed.

I was thinking duct tape and tyvek or plastic for the windows and doors.

For new air, is there a filter that could be installed in a window?
Or for A/C "if power is still on" could you fashion a box around your intake unit with filters on it
and still be safe?

If there was a biological exposure,how long would you have to bunk in before
being able to safely go outside?

How would you prepare you structure to keep the particals / agent out?

1. Depends on the winds, moisture (dew, rain, etc).
2. Close doors and windows, shut off A/C. Seal all cracks with duct tape.

Duct tape and plastic I guess, but if anything is airborne you're screwed no matter what unless you have an extremely elaborate filtration for your whole house. Even if you have a personal respirator you're going to have to eat/drink eventually which means you'll be exposed.

B/S. Learn something about your subject before you start keyboarding.

I guess I'm missing something here. Lets say you seal a room off tightly enough to keep out airborne chemicals / bio agents. You will have a couple hours' worth of breathable oxygen in the air but then what?

I seems like you can either have enough air transfer to keep the oxygen level at a safe level, which will also let in airborne particles - or you can seal up a room completely with duct tape, plastic, caulk, etc. and cut off fresh air transfer which keeps out particles but doesn't let new oxygen in.

Exactly, you would have to have correct filtration for what the particular bio hazard is. I don't know of any methods that are not expensive,maybe someone else does.

I guess I'm missing something here. Lets say you seal a room off tightly enough to keep out airborne chemicals / bio agents. You will have a couple hours' worth of breathable oxygen in the air but then what?

I seems like you can either have enough air transfer to keep the oxygen level at a safe level, which will also let in airborne particles - or you can seal up a room completely with duct tape, plastic, caulk, etc. and cut off fresh air transfer which keeps out particles but doesn't let new oxygen in.

Back
Top Bottom