• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many musicians do we have?

Banjer mostly, never could fiure out the guitar, but the dobro is coming along slowly. I built my own carbon fiber dobro and I wish I could play it to its full potential. Gotta mandolin and fiddle but use 'em to keep crows out of the garden mostly. Sounds like a cat fight when I get warmed up!

I started playing drums when I was 5. Not anymore, I don't have the stamina. I still play percussion on the steering wheel. I was also, the regimental drummer in a Civil War reenactment group. That was fun. I had a Ludwig rope tension drum made in WWII.
I took up blues harp about 25 years ago and played a lot, for years. I then got remarried and quit playing in bars.
I always wanted to learn piano and steel drums, but I never learned anything where I'd have to run scales and stay in key. I'm probably too old to learn, now, so I just shoot guns.

Guilty!

uploadfromtaptalk1425512453815.jpg

Banjer mostly, never could fiure out the guitar, but the dobro is coming along slowly. I built my own carbon fiber dobro and I wish I could play it to its full potential. Gotta mandolin and fiddle but use 'em to keep crows out of the garden mostly. Sounds like a cat fight when I get warmed up!

You can play banjo but can't figure out guitar? I'm no string player, but, I thought that if you learn scales on a necked instrument, you had them all figured out. No?

I play guitar, have for 20 years. Have been in a couple of bands, 2 that actually did somethimg beyond being local. Moved to chicago(don't do what I did), to join a regional metal/industrial band.
Now I play only for me, have bought and sold way more equipment than I ever needed to. Worked my way down to just a les paul, a 5150, and a few effects. I enjoy life a lot more without the stress, and lack of a yrue home without touring or gigging.

Back
Top Bottom