How much per sq feet can you build a new house for? UPDATED 7/2/18

That may be your best option but the ones in good condition and location go quickly. Remodel as you can and improve the value. Those older homes come with good lots that will improve the value over time because of the value of the land itself. Just watch out for your major issues like lot, foundation, roof, electrical and plumbing. Dont buy on a main road or a road that will become one. Avoid power lines. Make sure the school district is not horrible. These considerations will keep you from having to shell out big bucks and set you up for resale. Always consider resale even if you think it will be your "forever home". Life has a funny way of throwing curveballs.

I am in the same process, downsizing. The above is my plan. Plenty of smaller homes that needs some TLC from $40 -65 sq. ft, For $40 a sq. foot I can do a lot of upgrades. Problem is you have to shake the bushes as these are the ones the flippers want. They can rehab the house in about 2 weeks or a month, and double the price. I let one get but that is just that. A 50 or 60's house has "character" and if they clean it up and paint it, that's in decor right now.

I am in the same process, downsizing. The above is my plan. Plenty of smaller homes that needs some TLC from $40 -65 sq. ft, For $40 a sq. foot I can do a lot of upgrades. Problem is you have to shake the bushes as these are the ones the flippers want. They can rehab the house in about 2 weeks or a month, and double the price. I let one get but that is just that. A 50 or 60's house has "character" and if they clean it up and paint it, that's in decor right now.

Yeah, ever since HGTV every white person in the world thinks flipping houses is easy money. Been going on for years and the low hanging fruit is few and far between. A lot of the flipped houses on the market are nothing but lipstick on a pig but people pay money for them because they like the look. Good luck with your search. PM me if you want me to send you an app that will give you access to the MLS system. It's what agents use to market their properties. I use Zillow, redfin, tulia, etc as well but I find the MLS system has better, up to date info.

Back
Top Bottom