• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How the **** do I get this thread protector off?

You are also aware that the compact doesnt take a standard 22 thread adapter correct? It doesnt use the same adapters as the full size MP22, Walther P22, etc. There are a few specialty places selling them online though. Just hate for you to go through all the trouble of getting that thread protector off only to have the wrong replacment part.

Yup. Thanks for the heads up. Got one from EWK specifically for the compact. Got a can in jail I'm gonna go visit next couple of days if I can get this joker off.

Again, remain calm. It's a PITA but if you keep trying to break it free with force alone you'll end up damageing the barrel threads or the firearm itself. Either of these outcomes will leave you more frustrated. Google the issue and you'll see your not alone. Oil it and freeze it. Sounds dumb I know. Sounded dumb when I read it. Not so dumb when it worked.

I've always had good luck with Deep Creep penetrating oil. In general, not in this specific situation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Again, remain calm. It's a PITA but if you keep trying to break it free with force alone you'll end up damageing the barrel threads or the firearm itself. Either of these outcomes will leave you more frustrated. Google the issue and you'll see your not alone. Oil it and freeze it. Sounds dumb I know. Sounded dumb when I read it. Not so dumb when it worked.

Word, after the oil and freezer trick where you able to remove it with just normal pliers?

$100 S&W 22c, LNIB, only fired a couple of times, small scratch on barrel thread protector.:rolleyes:... Sorry about the issues, I was thinking about one of these for a host also. Sounds like maybe I should get the thread protector removed at the LGS so they can "show" me how its done.

$100 S&W 22c, LNIB, only fired a couple of times, small scratch on barrel thread protector.:rolleyes:... Sorry about the issues, I was thinking about one of these for a host also. Sounds like maybe I should get the thread protector removed at the LGS so they can "show" me how its done.

Would probably be good policy lol. On the plus side, the 10rds I shot in the basement last night shot great until the wifey yelled that 10pm was way to late to be shooting guns in the house.

Would probably be good policy lol. On the plus side, the 10rds I shot in the basement last night shot great until the wifey yelled that 10pm was way to late to be shooting guns in the house.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_25_87e73bf2384428ce73a7a187f8a745fd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom