• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to buy Bitcoin anonymously?

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I'm considering investing into crypto but all the major trading companies require an ID which I think defeats the entire purpose of cryptocurrency. Is there a way to buy it without giving personal info?

It has attracted the attention of many countries now, including the US and IRS.

Without going to the dark web, I would say no.

Who are you purchasing through and how are you storing it?

You need a method to transfer your crypto. So if you're using a bank card or wire transfer to purchase it, they will need ID. Most people store crypto in a digital wallet which also requires ID.

As to your FTF question, how would the transfer the BTC to you? On a USB drive that could be corrupt or they have the encryption key to? Only other way would be to digitally transfer it to you from their crypto wallet/exchange to yours.

Is it legal to meet someone FTF and give them cash for crypto? Is there an ODT for Bitcoin?
Crypto ain't regulated, so yes. I'd be wary of them scamming you though.

Also Bitcoin isn't as anonymous as you think, not without a lot of extra precautions. The whole point of it is that all the transactions are available publicly, if you know someone's wallet ID you can see every transaction they've ever done.

I'm considering investing into crypto but all the major trading companies require an ID which I think defeats the entire purpose of cryptocurrency. Is there a way to buy it without giving personal info?
First create your own Bitcoin wallet where you control the private keys -- not some place like coinbase.com or one of the other custodial exchanges. You can create your own BTC wallet using Electrum, Atomic Wallet, Trust Wallet, or Jaxx Wallet. Then arrange a meetup through https://localbitcoins.com or one of the other ways listed here: https://cryptalker.com/buy-bitcoin-in-person/ . The rates are a little bit higher, but that might be a good way to go.

Trying to avoid giving out your info you say?

Just let me pull up your file...I have all of your personal data right here.

1632589561661.png

Back
Top Bottom