• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to start to look for a Carport plan?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am needing a temporary (@3 years) carport for 2 cars, before I rip up my drive and redo it completely. I would prefer to go the wood route, but am lost on where to start. I don't need cedar wood.

I am looking at ideas like this, but hate the costs I am seeing. Any good ideas on where to get plans?

Thanks for any info.

il_1080xN.5125417944_c8n8.jpg

4c9a6346d35e7287f4fa5034ef7617e7.jpg

peninsula-project-mascheroni-construction-img~89e1e51b0112ddc6_14-3706-1-79f8c7b.jpg

What about a metal one. It would be a lot cheaper, put up in one day and easy to sell or dispose of when you replace it in 3 years. I’m looking to have one built in Jasper but HOA won’t let me build a metal one.

just make sure that it is legal under your local building codes, zoning ordinance, and other local laws.

One of my friends put up a very strong metal carport about 20 years ago. It cost several thousand dollars.

After about five years one of the neighbors ratted him out to the building code enforcement division for the County.

They made him take it down!!!
And it was still in great condition, and the nearest edge of it was still a good 25 feet from the road. 75+ feet from any adjoining neighbors property.

Thanks. The county made my Mother take hers down that she had up for 20 years. A building inspector noticed it when inspecting another property down the road and reported her.
Thank goodness the .gov is here to protect us from ouselves......she could have been seriously injured....:dizzy::mmph:

Back
Top Bottom