• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hummingbirds are Back

Saw a hummingbird this afternoon flying around the empty post where I keep the feeders. Put out a feeder and had 2 so far come and get a drink or two. Neat little birds to watch.
Same here. My mama loved hummingbirds before she passed, and my wife keeps a few feeders up in honor of mama's memory.
Saw the first one Friday, so she filled the feeders with fresh mix, and now there's a herd of them out there dive bombing each other as if there's only 1 place to eat.
Those little jokers are funny to watch, and they all seem like they need some anger management. They definitely ain't friendly with each other.

IMG_0381 (2).jpg

On my deck a few years ago, had two feeders and went through 10lbs of sugar a week. Guesstimate somewhere around 100 birds stayed close by.

We put out 4 feeders every year at different spots on the porch support posts. Really cool to watch them in the morning while rocking and drinking my coffee. The males are the most territorial. They will "claim" a feeder and fight everthing that comes near it.

We put out 4 feeders every year at different spots on the porch support posts. Really cool to watch them in the morning while rocking and drinking my coffee. The males are the most territorial. They will "claim" a feeder and fight everthing that comes near it.
Yes, my wife says those pictures one sees of the groups of hummers around a feeder must be staged with taxidermied birds.

Back
Top Bottom