• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunter shot on Cedar Creek WMA

It pays to go in deep on WMA's and most of the weirdos don't go too far in.

I've had pretty good luck in WMAs with hunters being very respectful of others by telling where they will be and asking where you will be.

My buddy and I try to go where nobody else will be.

90% of public land hunters do not go more than 1/4 mile from a road. 99% won't go 1/2 a mile. That means all the pubic land that is more than a 1/2 mile from a road is basically empty. I can attest to the truth of this from many years of hunting public land comfortably and safely. Folks, a half mile is less than 1000 yards. It's just not that far.

I was there from Thursday night until Saturday. I heard nothing about this while at the WMA. Everyone is talking about it right now and yet there are no reliable news sources reporting this. I'll wait for official word.

Two thoughts...

1. Where is Dick Cheney?

2. If you want to walk 1/2 mile or more into the woods on a WMA to get away from all the idiots, aren't you going to be walking past all of them?

I like to hunt public land and as bear says, we go deep past where anyone else will go. But I refuse to hunt opening day anywhere and for certain not public land. The yahoos get it outta their system and use up their vacation the first weekend.

Back
Top Bottom