• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting scope recommendations needed

A few questions...
1) caliber of that Ruger?
2) average and limit of range shots will be taken?
3) any particular reason that 30mm tube is not desired?
308Win

100 yard average shot, 250 max

Already have 1” rings and just trying to keep the rifle light. 1” just looks better on a hunting rifle to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I caught the Trijicon on sale for $460 so I ordered one. If I don’t like it, I’ll try one of the others.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I caught the Trijicon on sale for $460 so I ordered one. If I don’t like it, I’ll try one of the others.
Tell me about this Trijicon? I am getting ready to downsize to a few higher end rifle/glass combos. Looking at Trijicon - I like Japanese manufactured products.

Leupold or Swarovski Z3 would be my top two choices on your list. Since the Swarovski has a larger objective 42MM and the glass is as good or better than the rest, I would get the Z3 too.

Tell me about this Trijicon? I am getting ready to downsize to a few higher end rifle/glass combos. Looking at Trijicon - I like Japanese manufactured products.
SWFA, Trijicon, crimson trace, eo tech, vortex razor, bushnell dmr/xrs, March, sig, nightforce all OEM from Japan. Lots of quality options.

Don't sleep on Meopta either. They are the OEM for nightforce spotters, zeiss conquest and a few other European brands/lines.

SWFA, Trijicon, crimson trace, eo tech, vortex razor, bushnell dmr/xrs, March, sig, nightforce all OEM from Japan. Lots of quality options.

Don't sleep on Meopta either. They are the OEM for nightforce spotters, zeiss conquest and a few other European brands/lines.
LOW I presume? I have a few Japanese Weaver Classics. They are awesome scopes.

Most Trijicon are made in the USA, I think the Accu-Point models are made in Japan while the military grade models are made here.

Most Trijicon are made in the USA, I think the Accu-Point models are made in Japan while the military grade models are made here.
ACOG. Accupoint, ten mile and TARS are all Japanese. They get to use the same clause nightforce does to say made in USA. They buy the scope equivalent of an 80% lower from Japan and add the finishing touches here. The only almost 100% American scope is the Vortex AMG and its got a German reticle. I really hope Vortex announces a new AMG model at SHOT. 5-30 with all American components and 34mm tube. I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Back
Top Bottom