• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I-16 shut down between Macon and Savannah

I thought there's a safety mechanism which would stop from raising the bed while in faster speeds such as highway driving. Maybe some odt drivers can chime in on this Ken Ford Ken Ford , do you know about these trucks?
Never drove a dump bucket, but you see these on I16 all the time hauling oversized tires to the port. Not the first time they hit an over pass.

Never drove a dump bucket, but you see these on I16 all the time hauling oversized tires to the port. Not the first time they hit an over pass.
There is a HUGE market in used big equipment and things like used tires and rims (which was what these were) for overseas markets, especially down in South America. I used to be acquainted 30 years ago with a guy that operated a business like that in Marietta - he made a frigging bundle. That's all he did was buy that stuff used, fix up what was broke, paint it and put it on the boat...

There is a HUGE market in used big equipment and things like used tires and rims (which was what these were) for overseas markets, especially down in South America. I used to be acquainted 30 years ago with a guy that operated a business like that in Marietta - he made a frigging bundle. That's all he did was buy that stuff used, fix up what was broke, paint it and put it on the boat...
There is that, although what I was seeing was new with stickers. This trailer looked like it had a bunch of junk stuff. I’m scratching my head on exactly how this happened.

My home town finally made the big time!!! Of course, the news crew had to interview the biggest redneck city council woman (and biggest busybody) in town.

I knew something BIG was up when I started to work yesterday morning and traffic was backed up 1/4 mile at the traffic light. My normal route home is 16 miles, but I went another route that was 27 miles to avoid that traffic.

If you are driving to Savannah, I suggest getting off I16 ahead of the "official" detour and take Hiway 29 to Soperton, Hiway 46 to Oak Park, then Hiway 1 back to I16. This route is longer than the official detour, you there should be little traffic outside of Soperton itself. Drivers headed west to Macon could take the same route. An alternate route would be to get off I16 and go over to US 80. That route would take you through "downtown" Adrian and at any point you can easily jump back over to I16 as well.

Back
Top Bottom