I Absolutely HATE eBay!!

I have had some success "reasoning" with customer service. I've been a sailor there for 20 years, not a big one, only about a third million. Firearms parts are generally okay but you must never mention a specifically named assault raffle or banned item in your ad. Ever. We're talking about millennial category "expurts" here. They know almost nothing about firearms and inert ordnance. It's best not to argue with them as they are the authority.

Fee bay also rips you off on selling fees & on your shipping charges!

10% premium is standard at any auction. The reason people are charged on shipping was due the 'fee avoidance' practices of dishonest sellers. These sellers would list expensive items for cheap prices and make up the difference by charging exorbitant shipping fees to avoid paying eBay's auction premium; Essentially, they were stealing from eBay and honest sellers. As usual, the actions of a few affect everyone.

Over the past decade I've sold many of items on Ebay and always get screwed by them and Paypal. It's become a joke to even bother attempting to list anything. They really need to have two separate versions for Ebay users to use. For example; Ebay for Liberals (Safe Space Only) and Ebay for normal people with common sense. So, If I had literally purchased an item from a Sears department store and made mention of "Sears" in my description... They'd probably take that the wrong way as well and suspend my account. It just goes to show you that Ebay needs their "safe space".

eBay won't let me look past the last 60 days of sold items, but I did have the exact same issue a few years ago. Some firearms don't have a "sear", they have a "Firing pin release" or "disconnector release" or "trigger - disconnector lever", or even "trigger-firing pin interlock" or some other such term.

It does stink losing 20% between eBay and PayPal, but sometimes it's better than the 30% tax write off of goodwill.

Back
Top Bottom