I am tired of seeing all the adds for guns never fired, so this is for all of them...

I shoot some, shine some, sell some, gawk at some. Spending a round on wild game just feels a little bit better than a target but you gotta do the first to get the second.

Yes, these untried weapons may be hazardous to ones health. Make the seller shoot the weapon and have it video'd to prove it still works properly.

I've had a couple of guns that I never fired. There's been a couple that I've gotten on trade, but traded again before getting a chance to shoot them. Most recently I sold a Ruger MKIII for that reason. I had got a great deal on it unfired, it sat in the safe for an extended period, then I sold it and made a few bucks. I had no sense of missing out because I have a MKII Govt. that gets plenty of action. On the other hand, I'll sometimes acquire a gun just to have some experience with a particular caliber. I currently have one gun that will not see action because of sentimental reasons, but the rest of them take turns getting warmed up.

But the thing is, I don't believe op was specifically referring to collector pieces and such. I got the vibe that he was talking more along the lines of Marlin Model 60, never fired. Or mossberg 500, only been cycled a couple of times, never fired. I can understand not firing a high end collector piece but who buys a glock and never shoots it?

I have 3 marlin model 60s. I picked them up because they were good deals. I shoot my 10/22 or Springfield 187 when I want to shoot a 22 rifle.

If I had an outdoor range I'd shoot 100X more. Dont tell me about RBGC, Wilson Shoals, or any club that has a closed membership. What we need is an outdoor range in Forsyth County. Nothing more Nothing less.

Forsyth co also needs a drag strip..........and a summit racing satellite location.

I have a Glock 19 Gen.4 that has never been fired. The reason is because I have another Gen 4 19 that I shoot occasionally. So why shoot the new one? I already know how they shoot and carry. Why did I buy another Glock 19? Because I bought it for around $425 new out the door and I like the model. I also have a new AR15 that has never been shot only because I haven't had a chance yet. I don't do mag dumps just to hear them go bang, so unless I feel the need to go sight in a gun for some reason it makes no sense to just go shoot them for the hell of it.

I guess age and experience might have something to do with it. I grew up shooting all the guns I cared to shoot and made my living carrying a gun for many years. I was required to shoot a couple of times a year to qualify. I also hunted a lot in three states so I had many chances to shoot guns. I can understand newer shooters just getting into the sport or new gun owners wanting to get experience with the guns they have, but I am beyond having those cravings at my age. I can fully understand older gun owners and collectors having guns that have never been fired.

I'm guilty. I have the following I have bought just since October when I started collecting and still NIB because I can't find time to play! Shield 9mm, SIG P938 and 3 P238s, SIG Stainless P232, KAHR CW9, SPRINGFIELD XDM 9mm and XD9mm compact, RUGER LCR 22MAG, RUGER SR22, and probably forgetting some!! I am apparently OCD!

Back
Top Bottom