I Bought A Flashlight From Going Gear Today

Raptorman

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
88   0
Reaction score
I am VERY pleased.:)

I've had my trusty two cell Maglight since 1994. It has NEVER failed me in a time of need. Always let me know when it needed batteries and I have never had to replace the bulb, even though the spare is still in the tail cap.

HOWEVER, it is dim compared to the new ones. Even the tiny ones outshine it. I have a SureFail that lasted all of 10.5 seconds before the bulb blew and they refused to warranty it. What a piece of garbage and I can never recommend ANY SureFire products to ANYONE who might have to bet their life on a flashlight.

Anyways, I was at the knife show and Going Gear was there with their wall of flashlights. They showed me this JetBeam SSR50 light that has 1000 lumens and a built in USB charger for portable devices. It has an internal lithium ion rechargeable battery, so I don't have to try to find batteries when it goes dead. It will run 6 hours at full power after a 10 hour charge and had a battery condition LED below the power switch. Dazzle mode made want to puke after a few seconds. I won't do that again. *still has dry heaves*

It feels sturdy in my hand like my trusty old MagLight, so it isn't alien to me. It is just comfortable.

Nancy at Going Gear absolutely knows the products in stock and easily answered any question I had about their wall of flashlights. I can't recommend them enough.

It was WELL under a hundred dollars and so far just playing with it, it doesn't feel or act cheap at all. It easily performs as well as the lights that cost three times as much on their wall.

Jetbeam.jpg

Dang! That thing must be bright as heck with 1000 lumens. I have a streamlight protac hl with 600 lumens and that is more than enough most of the time.

Sounds like a beast. How many times would it charge a smartphone do you think? This may be great for hunting trips too.

I bought 2 of these a couple months ago. I use ine at work with paracord wrapped around to get better grip. One at home in the night stand. Too bright in highest setting indoors but incredible outside in the brightest......

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_09_qu7uqage.jpg

Last edited:
I bought 2 of these a couple months ago. I use ine at work with paranoid wrapped around to get better grip. One at home in the night stand. Too bright in highest setting indoors but incredible outside in the brightest......

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_09_qu7uqage.jpg

You wrapped it in paranoid? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom