• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I collect Steel/Alloy Frame 9mm Pistols (what is you favorite?)

My utility 9mm… Star BM.

Attachments

• CB58A963-B9D3-47C8-AE7A-D98F1F1F83C0.jpeg
    CB58A963-B9D3-47C8-AE7A-D98F1F1F83C0.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 21
Just now realized that all 6 of the 9mm pistols I own are pokymer frames. Over the years I owned a few Taurus 92 and 99 models that I liked. But I think the FEG Hi Powers I owned were my favorite. I dig a Hi Power but I don't need Browning emblems on it to make me feel superior.

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. I have Sigs (many), CZs, Berettas, Kimbers, S&W, and even Dan Wesson. They all have their pros and cons. I haven't found a perfect gun that will do everything without a trade off. Everything has a trade off in weight, capacity, or size. Bigger question might be why so many of us like hammer fired guns as most metal framed guns are.

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. I have Sigs (many), CZs, Berettas, Kimbers, S&W, and even Dan Wesson. They all have their pros and cons. I haven't found a perfect gun that will do everything without a trade off. Everything has a trade off in weight, capacity, or size. Bigger question might be why so many of us like hammer fired guns as most metal framed guns are.
I'd say as much as I don't mind striker fired triggers, it's hard to beat a nice smooth double action trigger that has a hammer or nice clean single action trigger.

Lot of CZ love on here, I've never shot one so maybe I'm missing out?

I was really surprised at how well I shoot the Beretta 92FS. I also have a S&W 5906 but its in mint condition so I forget how well it shoots. The P226 is a great shooter and suppressor host as well. I havent shot my 229 or 225 much to know how they are.

Back
Top Bottom