• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I don’t own a boat….

Whetstone

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Jagten
80   0
Reaction score
IMG_8545.jpeg

I did have a house boat on Smith Mountain Lake but it caught on fire from a leaky fuel system and 3/4's of my gun collection was stored on it. It had a nice built in safe from the man who owned it last. Everything burnt up. The safe is probably still intact sitting at the bottom of the lake.

Up here in Virginia you have to take a course to get a boating license. It took me almost a week to complete but I got a 100 the exam. It covers everything from launch to boating in major shipping lanes in coastal waters. It was an absolute pain in the arse. I had a bass boat but it just got to the point where everytime I went out something needed repaired. The boat and engine were dependable but the trailer and electronics just needed a complete update and I just got tired of fooling with it. A " hole in the water to dump money in " was exactly right.

Love mine but it stays on the lake. I just pull it out once a year for maintenance. In fact, just got back from floating…lovely day out as long as you’re not worried about calling your insurance agent to tell them you’ve just driven your truck into the lake!
78B881B5-2633-423E-9311-829EAFD38C5C.jpeg
F49AFB28-DE21-47D6-9C9A-A8E2F4B8B15F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom