• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I don't usually post these, but this one is bad...let's hear the justification

Not at all. Theres nothing that I do at work that i'd be ashamed of.

I don't either. Let them. When we serve warrants people are quick with a camera phone. Watch the language, be aware of who and what, get in and get out, without making a scene. Being an a$$ hole LEO or arrogant will escalate a situation.

I sort of like the camera idea. I don't remember which department it was, but one of them (in Louisiana maybe) started issuing button cams. These record all activity and cannot be shut off by the officers. I think something like this would take a lot (not all) of the guesswork out of post shoot discussions.

I sort of like the camera idea. I don't remember which department it was, but one of them (in Louisiana maybe) started issuing button cams. These record all activity and cannot be shut off by the officers. I think something like this would take a lot (not all) of the guesswork out of post shoot discussions.

I think that would be out of line too. I am not for "big brother" regardless of it is the LEO over me or the "camera" over the LEO. We simply need to make sure the punishment is applied equally and harshly enough to deter it. If I can get X number of years for terroristic threats then an LEO should have the same if he treats an someone the same way. It is totally wrong that LEO can lie to you but you can get convicted of lieing to an LEO.

Wozbean, generally LEO's can get away with lying until they are called to the carpet on it. I try not to even stetch the truth when dealing with someone because of just that. If a LEO is found to be lying to someone in a court proceeding, our credibility is gone and not to mention "perjury" or "oath of office" violations. Thats where a civilian has a leg up on us, we almost always get the felony Oath of Office charge when something goes down. So there are perks to being a LEO, but also some downsides. When the credibility is gone, a LEO should probably just turn his badge in and find something else to do. As for equal punishment, i've seen LEO's get harsher sentences than suspects and vice versa simply because they should have known better. I've also seen LEO's go unpunished along with suspects that are without a doubt guilty, but for whatever reason they are found not guilty. Its the way our system works. Its not the best but its better than it could be. The golden rule is without a doubt the way to go about your business. I treat others the same way I want to be treated. I expect the same in return.

Back
Top Bottom