• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I don't want to bash AAC, but......

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Specwar 7.62 vs SDN-6

Specwar is average of 5db quieter.

AAC $879 @ SilencerShop vs SWR $899 MSRP(so it will probably sell for closer to $700)
For reference the Specwar556 MSRP's at $799 and sells for $550 at silencershop

Last edited by a moderator:
Specwar 9" @ 24oz vs SDN-6 7.6" @ 20 oz

So 1.4" longer and 4 oz heavier. I suppose that could be important to some.

The Silencerco Saker seems to be their more compact/lightweight package compared to the Specwars and they have a 7.62 version coming out.

Last edited:
The size is one of the best things on the SDN6. You also have to remember it was built to be a 300BLK can that can handle 308, not the other way around.

also, the specwar 556s went up in price. The new ones will be more. All the SWR stuff went up.

The size is one of the best things on the SDN6. You also have to remember it was built to be a 300BLK can that can handle 308, not the other way around.

also, the specwar 556s went up in price. The new ones will be more. All the SWR stuff went up.

I suppose if 1.4" is important enough. I was not aware that it was made around the BLK, but that makes sense.

Still AAC doesn't have a can in similar price range that can perform like the specwar or come with that many options(not to mention a better mount).

In your opinion, does the Saker bring anything to the table that the Specwar doesn't that justifies the cost difference? I'm not a fan of their mystery alloy Hoplon, I prefer to know what is in my can.

1.4" extra is very important. Ask your mom. I keed, i keed./

I agree. DQing the 762SD was a mistake in my opinion. It was quieter, look at the majors tests.

For the Saker vs SpecWar, to me no the saker doesn't do anything special for me. The whole take any mount thing really does nothing for me. And having too many threaded parts is not a good thing. KISS.

I have 2 AAC suppressor. I am pretty happy so far but I hadn't experience their customer service yet so my mind can still change. I did contact them about rocksett and they sent me one for free plus 2 sets of ear plugs for my friends who don't have suppressors. :D

I have 2 AAC suppressor. I am pretty happy so far but I hadn't experience their customer service yet so my mind can still change. I did contact them about rocksett and they sent me one for free plus 2 sets of ear plugs for my friends who don't have suppressors. :D

They aren't a bad company, I just like to stoke the rivalry between some of the big names

Back
Top Bottom