• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I finally got my XDS .45 back from SA!

emclean07

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
18   0
Reaction score
I mailed it off 10/30 and just got it back yesterday. A tad bit over 3 months. It had night sights on it before I shipped it in but I added a Crimson Trace laserguard, a pearce grip extender and some Talon Grips yesterday. Still haven't shot it yet but I'm hoping to this weekend!

xds.jpg

Let me know how the crimson trace does. I want to put 1 on mine but there's a lot of bad reviews on them saying they move around under recoil. Good looking gun.

Let me know how the crimson trace does. I want to put 1 on mine but there's a lot of bad reviews on them saying they move around under recoil. Good looking gun.
I hope that is not the case! I read somewhere that supposedly CT addressed that issue and "redesigned" this particular model some time last year. I don't really know if that is true or not though because it was on the internet. It did require a decent amount of force to snap it in place on the trigger guard/rail. Before I put the 2 screws in to lock in place, it felt very solid and snug. We shall see if it moves around once I put some rounds through it. I'll update the post after my range trip.

Gonna add the talon grips to mine after seeing this. Already have the pearce ext. Got mine back mid Jan. Are the talon grips a pain to put on? Very clean.

Last edited:
They're really easy to put on. The cut-outs in the grips allow you to line it up on both sides. Just lightly lay them on there first so if you mess up you can easily take them off. Once you got it on there to your liking, press it on there firmly then use a blow dryer or heat gun to "seal" it in place. It will take you less than 10 minutes from start to finish. I had to trim mine in order to get the laser on there so it took me a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom