• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I found a way to finally quit smoking and it is working.

This stuff is working great man. Every time I crave a smoke, I pop a mint and I'm good to go.
So everytime you crave nicotine you pop some nicotine and that's helping you quit nicotine?

Just give it all up, it's gonna suck, it's not gonna be easy. But cold turkey beats the hell out of spending a bunch of money on gums, then most likely just going back to smoking anyways.

I remember years ago when I had a thread on here about quitting smoking and CCW said something like "if you want to quit you will, and if you don't want to quit you won't"

I believe it really is that simple.

So everytime you crave nicotine you pop some nicotine and that's helping you quit nicotine?

Just give it all up, it's gonna suck, it's not gonna be easy. But cold turkey beats the hell out of spending a bunch of money on gums, then most likely just going back to smoking anyways.

I remember years ago when I had a thread on here about quitting smoking and CCW said something like "if you want to quit you will, and if you don't want to quit you won't"

I believe it really is that simple.
The thing about smoking is it is not just the nicotene it is the act of smoking that is part of it. I can ween myself off the nicotene but I needed something that would take away the urge to actually smoke. It is a HABIT. I've been smoking 34 years and that is hard to break. The nicotene losenges burn my tongue and reduce the urge while giving my body the nicotene it craves. After a while I will cut back on the nicotene and be done with it all.

The thing about smoking is it is not just the nicotene it is the act of smoking that is part of it. I can ween myself off the nicotene but I needed something that would take away the urge to actually smoke. It is a HABIT. I've been smoking 34 years and that is hard to break. The nicotene losenges burn my tongue and reduce the urge while giving my body the nicotene it craves. After a while I will cut back on the nicotene and be done with it all.
Trust me, I know bud. I tried all the little gimmicks too looking for an easy way out. Cold turkey is what eventually worked for me. And studies and trials done correctly (in other words done by independents research not these snake oil salesmen) have consistently shown cold turkey to be way more successful than other methods.

I wish you best however you go about it though.

Smoked my last cig Sept 14, 1977. Had been a smoker off and on since 1956. ‘’Quit’’ dozens of times.
Finally realized when I had to make my mother, dying of lung cancer, stop because she kept dropping lit ones in the bed, that it wasn’t right for me to continue smoking after I forced her to quit a lifelong habit.
That thought kept me from ever re-starting. That, plus after a couple of years the smoke just smells nasty.

congrats man! hope you stick with it! i finally quit a few years ago after about 20+ years of smoking. cigarette smoke is absolutly disgusting to me now and i cant believe i smelled like that lol.

never tried the gum, i used a big vape mod (not the gas station ones, those suck) and started with high nicotine, then slowly stepped it down.

Back
Top Bottom