• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

i hate nosey banks-chase bank sucks, what do for financial secrecy?

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
im of the opinion that banks are ****ing evil. our government and the banking idnustry have worked hand in hand for decades to destroy the middle class and have created generational debt slaves vis-a-vis ****ed up lending practices and the illusion of credit

but im starting to notice a more alarming trend, and that is the brazen encroachment on my privacy as a single bank customer.

let me start by saying i am fully aware the bank is acting in cahoots with all sorts of gov agencies and regulatory bodies; some by forced compliance, others because it is to the benefit of the financial institution (bank) itself. i have assumed they operated in a distant manner, forever looking over their customers shoulders to report unusual cash transfer activities and deposited amounts. this is under the guise of "fraud prevention" but mostly its to report to daddy government on who may be hiding money.

so thats nothing new, the belief that a bank would act as an impartial broker/store of money has been long dead. but lately ive been getting ****ING ADVERTISEMENTS on my balances essentially. if i transfer some amount to Etrade for instance from my chase bank, a little blurp with a hyperlink will show just beneath the transfer basically saying "hey, we saw you did a transfer to buy stocks, why not use our chase app to purchase stocks".

as if thats not enough, i logged on today and there was a question it wanted me to answer about what my gross income level is. i refused to answer the question

neither of these are my banks concerns or shouldnt be, not unless they think my money is their money and i am simply holding it for them (that seems to be the attitude these days)

question: would a credit union or is there a bank that doesnt operate in such a brazen manner? id like to at least pretend i have some level of base privacy

im not hoping for much here mind you lol

"if i transfer some amount to Etrade for instance from my chase bank,"

Don't do that. If you trade stocks on a regular basis you may want to decide how much your limit is and have the bank send you a check for that amount. Then endorse that check over to your Etrade account.

Chase will know what you did when Etrade cash that check, but that's all they will know. Knowledge of your individual stock activities will then be known only to you and Etrade. If you want to make it more private just buy USPS money orders and send those to Etrade.

I hate banks, particularly big ones. I use credit unions exclusively and they are better but not awesome. Currently use Delta Community and they are good overall. Always adding branches, services, etc.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^
Delta usually beats the banks with CD interest too :thumb:.

biden is hiring 78000 more irs agents to catch {rich tax dodgers} actually they are going after the middle class that put small deposits in. Think ebay, esty and GunBroker sellers. It's goin to get worse. And yes the banks will work with them.

im of the opinion that banks are ****ing evil. our government and the banking idnustry have worked hand in hand for decades to destroy the middle class and have created generational debt slaves vis-a-vis ****ed up lending practices and the illusion of credit

but im starting to notice a more alarming trend, and that is the brazen encroachment on my privacy as a single bank customer.

let me start by saying i am fully aware the bank is acting in cahoots with all sorts of gov agencies and regulatory bodies; some by forced compliance, others because it is to the benefit of the financial institution (bank) itself. i have assumed they operated in a distant manner, forever looking over their customers shoulders to report unusual cash transfer activities and deposited amounts. this is under the guise of "fraud prevention" but mostly its to report to daddy government on who may be hiding money.

so thats nothing new, the belief that a bank would act as an impartial broker/store of money has been long dead. but lately ive been getting ****ING ADVERTISEMENTS on my balances essentially. if i transfer some amount to Etrade for instance from my chase bank, a little blurp with a hyperlink will show just beneath the transfer basically saying "hey, we saw you did a transfer to buy stocks, why not use our chase app to purchase stocks".

as if thats not enough, i logged on today and there was a question it wanted me to answer about what my gross income level is. i refused to answer the question

neither of these are my banks concerns or shouldnt be, not unless they think my money is their money and i am simply holding it for them (that seems to be the attitude these days)

question: would a credit union or is there a bank that doesnt operate in such a brazen manner? id like to at least pretend i have some level of base privacy

im not hoping for much here mind you lol
All the 4-Big Banks in Georgia are in together. Now, they are harassing me about using my Home equity . Bank of America can kiss my Ass. I have over $125k ,in home equity, I'm leaving that to my youngest Son.

Why buy though a Broker? If you're going to keep them, buy 1 share and then have dividends deposit to your account. Then you can buy, I think up to 250K a year by depositing in your account. Most stocks will sell you shares without going thru a broker.

I bank with Synovus which bought out the local bank I was with. I haven’t noticed any changes. I have always avoided the large banks.

I hate banks, particularly big ones. I use credit unions exclusively and they are better but not awesome. Currently use Delta Community and they are good overall. Always adding branches, services, etc.
This again. Cant wait to make the move back to them. And I never miss an opportunity to say screw Suntrust. They literally dont even know how to reorder checks. And you can forget the expectation of having them perform a roth conversion. Absolutely clueless.

Back
Top Bottom