• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I have a question about BLUE LIGHTS.

SAR 6114

Marines Icon Lifetime Supporter
“You’re only as good as your word!!!”
76   0
Reaction score
I was headed to see a friend of mine in the hospital when I saw a POLICE vehicle come up behind me with his blue lights on but they weren’t flashing. The lights were just solid blue and all of them were on. Everyone was pulling over and getting out of the way so I did to. The SUV drove by at the speed limit and I thought that was odd so I pulled in behind it and followed for a bit. I pulled up next to the vehicle and saw that it was a MARTA POLICE SUV and I asked him if he knew that all of his blue lights were on and he said “they’re cruising lights”. I asked, are they supposed to be on? He said “yes sir they are”. I have never seen this before in my life. Has anyone else?

8C93432A-B621-44AA-9FC6-61BA9CB17F6D.jpeg
4063B243-1871-447C-857F-80992FB03978.jpeg

I was headed to see a friend of mine in the hospital when I saw a POLICE vehicle come up behind me with his blue lights on but they weren’t flashing. The lights were just solid blue and all of them were on. Everyone was pulling over and getting out of the way so I did to. The SUV drove by at the speed limit and I thought that was odd so I pulled in behind it and followed for a bit. I pulled up next to the vehicle and saw that it was a MARTA POLICE SUV and I asked him if he knew that all of his blue lights were on and he said “they’re cruising lights”. I asked, are they supposed to be on? He said “yes sir they are”. I have never seen this before in my life. Has anyone else?

View attachment 3186975 View attachment 3186976
He very likely was feeding you a line of BS and isn't supposed to be using the lights unless on call where it's needed. I used to see some state legislator who drove I575 every day who had a government vehicle with hidden blue lights. That azzhole turned them on every day all the way up 575 and 515...

I’ve seen the LEOs running with solid blue lights on in the City for several months now. I’m just guessing but I believe it is a new policy, to show a more visible police presence.

But a Marta cop? What’s he gonna write a ticket for, counterfeit tokens???

When I lived in town, they would call this “blue lighting”. The police would drive around with the solid blue lights on. I believe the intention is to draw attention to police and make the community and criminals aware of their presence.

But Marta Police do not 'police' the regular streets.

Back
Top Bottom