• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a plumbing question.

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
The PVC pipe that connects my water line to my house cracked the other day. Pretty simole fix so I replaced the pvc elbow and a short piece of PVC pipe. All my bathroom sinks, toilets, bath tubs and showers and even the washing machine work fine and pressure seems like it was before the repair. BUT - my kitchen sink is half the flow it was before the pipe break. And the dishwasher (right next to the sink) will not complete a cycle as there is not enough water flow. I flushed the line before I made the repair so I don "think" there is any blockage. I even nudged the water pressure up on the valve in my basement but nothing seems to help. Anyone ever experience snything like this? (Hot water and cold both flow at the same slow trickle.)

Aerator has nothing to do with the dishwasher. It should be fed from the hot side. If debris goes into the heater, it will settle to the bottom. Definitely check the aerator for the sink faucet but you may need to clean out the stops under the sink.

Thanks for all the replies and PM’s. I opened all faucets and then shut off water at the meter. Let it sit a few mins and cranked it back up. Everything is fine now so may have been something in the line that is now dislodged.

Back
Top Bottom