• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have yeast, sugar and these

Your set up is almost identical to mine when I made "apfelwein". I would get Publix 100% apple juice, Fleichmanns yeast and sugar. I activate the yeast and pour off enough apple juice for the 2 cups of sugar. I would add yeast and sugar and backfill the poured off apple juice to fill up the jug. Cap it and shake the fool out of it. I had a spare cap that I punched a 1/4 hole in and had a piece of spa tubing that I would then dip into a small gatorade bottle I taped to the handle full of star-san for a vapor lock. No need to do anything else to this after full fermentation. It was STRONG!

image.jpg
Well trying one batch now. Dry, almost a Merlot blackberry. Wife is pleased as am I. From smell and wang to it maybe 11%.

EMC45 EMC45 how do I make sweeter? Have more fruit and going to make some for the mad dog 20-20 drinkers.

I just did the 2 cups of sugar in the gallon and it was sweet enough for the apfelwein. I will say that sugar can increase hangover affects however. You could try the more sugar route, but be careful.

I also fermented pineapple juice once. I foolishly added sugar to that and it fermented so violently you could hear it across the room. It bubbled out of the bottle too. Made a mess! It tasted good and was super strong however.

Back
Top Bottom