• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just got off the phone with the Tech Rep. at IMR powders.

I have been stuffing shells for almost as long as I’ve been married, which will be 50 years in December. The selection of components, when they are available, is far better today than when I started. The internet makes acquiring information and input easier for load development. I sure miss the days though when you could take a $50 into the gun store, leave with a brick of primers, a pound of powder, box of premium bullets, set of dies and change.
Yeah, no kidding ! Those were the good ole days for damned sure ! Can’t even get a brick of primers for under that now ! Lol

You might glean some usable information from the Nosler online data. I like it because it shows the case fill %.

from the old school info I have, Reloader 10x and RamShot X-Term were two powders I bought to try out on the 6.8 loads. I haven't tried much of either but they were recommended in the past.

If I were starting today, I'd take a look at the Shooters World powders. They seem to be priced right and are generally pretty available. They show loads with Match Rifle and Tac Rifle powders for 90-115gr bullets.

What is your current 6.8 load and out of what chamber and barrel specs? Just curious as to why you are stuck on this particular powder...? I know it’s nice to have a great recipes and to stick to it but I’m trying to understand why other ingredients won’t yield you similar results?

Back
Top Bottom