• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know clays are a gentlemanly sport, but......

RSB

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Tangent of a Whirling Dervish
38   0
Reaction score
Would love to find a club to:

I know of several clay clubs around, but none shoot a game night. I miss the clubs where where we would start out at 6PM shooting 10 bird races,Then in pairs for a 5 bird race from 50 yards back. Then we would run a large protection - Annie Oakley style. Finally we would shoot Annie Oakley's until 10PM.

All cash payout. Lots of ribbing and cheating. made it all the better. Except for the poor souls who thought they had a chance to actually make money, they generally took it too serious. The whole point was safe fun, but not serious. Well, once it got down to two or three shooters, then it got serious.

Elberton club has lights. Used to be you could shoot anytime of day or night if you wanted. Don’t know if they have changed. We would shoot after coming in from deer hunting.
We played all the games, jap trap, Australian doubles and AO. Plus 5 stand, skeet and trap.

They didn't have to. They won the lawsuit. But they did in to be good neighbors. They also used it as leveridge to get the road paved up to them. But they also added a whole nother course when they did that. It was open when I went up there last weekend but didn't shoot that one

They didn't have to. They won the lawsuit. But they did in to be good neighbors. They also used it as leveridge to get the road paved up to them. But they also added a whole nother course when they did that. It was open when I went up there last weekend but didn't shoot that one

I shot the new one 10 stands. One even has a clay bounce off a trampoline and up in the air. Close stands but my buddy had problems with a few with stairs. So I shot those solo

Riverbend gun club runs a shotgun league. I think usually after league shooting is over they run some games
Right, but if I recall the scheduled shoots are most often during the week for retired folk. I't be nice to be able to shoot on a Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom