• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I miss listening to records

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
97   0
Reaction score
Use to sit on the floor of my bedroom listening to records on my giant sound system I payed way too much money for from HIFI buys, reading the record covers, friends come over jam out late into the night, mom mad as hell from the noise. Kids now days will never know the pops, crackles and skips, the sound was awesome

My kid has a huge vinyl collection
And a pioneer system from 1981 to play them on.
14 or so years ago I gave my so my old stereo system from the early 80's. Big monster speakers and all. Let him go through my record collection for stuff he liked. Kid is 34 now. Still listens to it exclusively in his house. Huge vinyl collection. He takes care of that system like we take care of guns.

Skip to this year...my wife decided she missed listening to her old records. Found a place called Turntable Lab out of New York. Good people and great prices. Found a perfect turntable for our home. It's been a blast listening to the music my wife and I fell in love to back in the 70's!

Album covers were cool
. Bostons album cover looked like a spaceship. Until you turned it upside down and realized it was just a guitar.

Attachments

• 13311D7B-2800-49A5-9DBE-BB6AE4EDAB5E.jpeg
    13311D7B-2800-49A5-9DBE-BB6AE4EDAB5E.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
I still have probably 100 albums …. Give or take.
Still have my Techniques turn-table , lol.
The thing I remember the best was getting a new record, going home and listening to it while checking out the art-work and all on the covers !
I miss that .

Back
Top Bottom