I need fish to mount.

GALongRanger

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
I need fish to practice taxidermy, I will take whatever freshwater species in good condition, as long as it has scales and is on the larger size. For example a 5 or 6 pound Large mouth would be great. I will pick them up within reasonable distance, any help is much appreciated. Thanks

If I catch one for you what do u want me to do with it until you get it? I've heard wrap in newspaper and put it in the freezer, does that work for you?

I have a striper I'd like to get mounted, it was my first lake Nottely striper. Its in the 14 lb range. I'll pm you when I get home in a bit.

So, if I catch a decent size fish and get it to you, do I get it back as a nice mount when you're done?

Here is the deal, I need fish to practice on. If I do a good job and you want it back you can pay me for the materials I have in it. I am not offering a service or trying to make money. I am wanting to learn a skill.

From reading I see that the proffered way seems to be to wrap it in a cold wet towel, bag it and freeze it flat. Everyone seems to differ a little on it. I guess its the taxidermist preference.

Back
Top Bottom