• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need to use someone's gunbroker login. Rare gun

That is not a straw purchase if it's being sent to a dealer and he is picking it up in person doing the 4473 and all. It would be considered that imo if he asked that some one bid, pick it up at the receiving dealers location and meet him with it.

I'll help you out if you can't find anyone. No worries.
Unless the buyer is purchasing the firearm with the specific intent to give it to a person who could not lawfully obtain it otherwise, it is not a straw purchase.

Would that be considered a straw purchase?

No. I have had someone bid(and win) on a Gunbroker auction for me before. I contacted the seller with all of my information and had it sent to my FFL. In fact the person who bid on the gun for me lives in the MidWest(a friend on another forum). My account was frozen because they tried to charge me for an auction that I never submitted so I put in a dispute with my CC company.

:confused: So, an 18 year old can own a handgun as I understand it, but they can't buy one. So Bubba goes down and does the 4473, and since Junior can legally own a handgun (but can't purchase it) Bubba buys it for him. Is that really legal? :confused:

Sounds fishy to me...

:confused: So, an 18 year old can own a handgun as I understand it, but they can't buy one. So Bubba goes down and does the 4473, and since Junior can legally own a handgun (but can't purchase it) Bubba buys it for him. Is that really legal? :confused:

Sounds fishy to me...

That's because it is. That could be considered a straw purchase because the person buying the pistol is doing so because the other person could not legally buy it from the FFL.

Back
Top Bottom