• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I no longer get emails when I receive PM's

Unfortunately the mail providers filtering does more harm than good in cases like these. Often times a forum email address gets blacklisted by email domains. This can be intentional. But often times it's simply mistaken behavior. All it takes is several members to mark the emails as spam to get black listed. Often times this is brought on by people not understanding thread subscriptions. Instead of clicking on the link to unsubscribe, they might mark the email as spam. This then causes the forum's email reputation on the mail host to be reduced, until enough people tip it into the spam world.

I currently have this problem with hotmail on my site. :(

Interesting, but what if you paid for the e-mail svc?

Are you paying for your email hosting, or is it included free with your internet service? If you're using your ISP's free email service, it's usually secondary and not a high priority for them. You also share the system and settings with everyone else that uses the ISP and anything they do can affect you.

Are you paying for your email hosting, or is it included free with your internet service? If you're using your ISP's free email service, it's usually secondary and not a high priority for them. You also share the system and settings with everyone else that uses the ISP and anything they do can affect you.

So nothing changed with ODT recently?

FWIW, I still have an Earthlink e-mail account, but I have been receiving e-mail updates since the Server swapover last night--WEIRD, huh?....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom