I smell the end of high AR prices coming ..... NFA lowers in stock limit 5 per person

I like poly AR's. I really wish I would have grabbed a few lowers from Classic City when I had the chance. People drool over 15-22's but don't want an ultralight AR? I don't really get it. Snobs! LOL
I hate the 15-22 as well because of its plastic receiver. I have already had to repair mine and I wouldn't even own it if it wasn't the only option for running a Slidefire on a 22

If my life came to the point where I had to carry an AR for 16 hours, I'd want it to be an AR that wouldn't crack open like a cocoanut if I dropped it so I'd welcome the extra weight.

Injection molded, glass fill, mineral reinforced nylon doesn't "crack open". :rolleyes:

Ive carried a rifle for 16+ hours... It sucks. As a civilian walking 100's of acres in NW Georgia I'll tote a "plastic AR". I carry a plastic pistol too.

Lets just hope you don't have to "mortar" a stuck round out of the chamber.

Oh, I hope you guys don't get me wrong. I am a reformed steel and wood guy. The applications for a poly AR are there, the weight savings are negligible at best. But with lots of carry where weight management is essential. I will shave weight everywhere I can.

Oh, I hope you guys don't get me wrong. I am a reformed steel and wood guy. The applications for a poly AR are there, the weight savings are negligible at best. But with lots of carry where weight management is essential. I will shave weight everywhere I can.
I need to drop about 100lbs from my fat ass before I start worrying about the weight difference between a forged aluminum or a poly lower receiver.

Back
Top Bottom