I Want to go Quail hunting for the first time.

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
I have been a gun guy all my life but never got into hunting. I have been most lately shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays. I would like to try hunting over dogs for quail. I have found a few places online but would like to know if anyone has recommendations.

BURNT PINE MADISON, GA.

OR South Ga., on ole wagons and mule drawn wagons, quite a lot of fun... ( ALL BANY) pronounced

There is a place outside Monroe, Ga. private hunting area...

jist a suggestion...

Look on GON.com they have a link to quail trail = a list of quail hunting places. Find one near you for the price you are willing to pay. Was just at Buckeyes Plantation today, highly recommend them. If you have the money ($700+) I hear the S GA plantations are great.

Something I'd recommend doing with a group of buddies.. definitely a lot of fun

That you trust their muzzle discipline. Unlike this guy;
sjhoward.co.uk_wp_content_uploads_2006_02_cheney.JPG

Depends on what you are looking to spend & how far you are willing to travel. I've been as a guest to Dorchester and it's really nice. Heard good things about Roberts Shooting Preserve, but never been there.

Look on GON.com they have a link to quail trail = a list of quail hunting places. Find one near you for the price you are willing to pay. Was just at Buckeyes Plantation today, highly recommend them. If you have the money ($700+) I hear the S GA plantations are great.
How many birds did yall get at Buckeyes for $700
We hunt there 5 to 6 times a year and don't spend nearly that much. But we have our own dog so no need for a guide.

Etowah Valley Sporting clays does bird hunts. In Dawsonville. Took my oldest boy for a grouse hunt. Excellent afternoon hunt. Easy to get to and good guides.
They do quail, grouse, and pheasants. We did the clay and feathers package and shot sporting clays in the morning and grouse in the afternoon.

I've shot a few preserves around Tifton. I can get you the names of you want. But they were pricey. Well worth it with lodging, meals, and we shot two days and dropped 68 quail.
But you're into the higher dollars for that type of hunt.

It's always a blast if you can get a coupe of guys to go. Makes it more fun to joke about all those catch and release shots. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom