I Want to go Quail hunting for the first time.

Appreciate all the input I think ettowah Valley maybe the place I go it's close doesn't seem too expensive.
I currently in my circle don't have any bird Hunters might be one of the reasons why I haven't ever really been so if anybody wants to go let me know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

How much did you see for Etowah Valley, and what hours? I've never been either. I have shot clays on my property in TN though, and have plenty of shotgun options.

How much did you see for Etowah Valley, and what hours? I've never been either. I have shot clays on my property in TN though, and have plenty of shotgun options.
Etowah Valley has what they call clays and feathers.
$265.00
50 sporting clays with cart in the morning
Lunch
then hunt over dogs in the afternoon
4 Pheasants OR 8 Chukka OR 12 Quail per Hunter
so I would guess with tip for the guide about $300.00

If you don't want the clays and lunch a 1/2 day is $225.00
$25.00 extra to hunt solo.

Etowah Valley has what they call clays and feathers.
$265.00
50 sporting clays with cart in the morning
Lunch
then hunt over dogs in the afternoon
4 Pheasants OR 8 Chukka OR 12 Quail per Hunter
so I would guess with tip for the guide about $300.00

If you don't want the clays and lunch a 1/2 day is $225.00
$25.00 extra to hunt solo.

The grouse were good sized and flew really well when I went. Slightly easier to hit than quail. Lol.

One thing to remember there are basically two types of quail hunting places in GA. My terminology follows.
1) Place and shoot: They release quail the morning of, or evening before you hunt a particular area. The birds are basically tame and wait for the dogs to jump them up.
2) Preserves - quail are released across large areas on schedule. They have time to bed in and get familiar with the terrain and become at least a bit partially comfortable in the area

In #1 you will have the best chance to kill birds as you will be set before the dogs make them fly, in #2 you will get a bit of variation and jump and light when they feel threatened before the dogs arrive.

If you have never hunted birds before a #1-style place (e.g. Etowah Valley) may be best.
For me #2 is worth a bit more money.

I have been going to Quailridge every other year for 10 years now. It is a family run business with great people and you will meet nice folks over a wonderful supper and lunch. And stay in nice cottages. Not the cheapest but the overall experience is just as important for me as the number as birds.

http://quailridgeplantation.com/home

Back
Top Bottom