I was looking thru my Photos from 67 and found a picture of

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
MY THANKSGIVING DINNER, EVERYONE HAVE A BLESSED DAY THURSDAY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES:hungry:
turkey loaf.jpg

Boy do I remember those, ate many of them as a kid! My Dad was in the National Guard for 31 years and would spend two weeks at "Summer Camp" every year at Fort Stewart. He always brought us 3 kids a few boxes of "sea rations" home and we enjoyed eating the food (including the turkey loaf) and chewing the Chiclets gum in them! The P38 was fun to use too! Great old memories and lots of tummy issues!!

Some company experimented and made an up-sized P38. I used to have one back in the early-80s when you actually needed those. It was so much easier to use than the original, but I don't think that the military ever adopted it.

P-38...aka the "John Wayne"

Some company experimented and made an up-sized P38. I used to have one back in the early-80s when you actually needed those. It was so much easier to use than the original, but I don't think that the military ever adopted it.

P-51
The P-51 is a full 2in long. The added length affords more leverage and doesn't require as much thumb pressure to use. Some prefer them over the P-38s because a P-51 will open cans much easier and faster and will last much longer than the P-38.

Back
Top Bottom