• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ideal Home Defense Carbine?

GOML.jpg

lol, yeah that'd anchor him in a hurry.

That was my first 8 pt. and strangely enough, my only deer with a shotgun. I was 16 years old. I want to start deer hunting with a shotgun again next season, and I have voiced my opinion to DNR that they should include shotgun hunting to primitive weapons season. Not that any of these weapons are "primitive", technically speaking. Shottys have been around almost as long as blackpowder guns, I would think.

Sorry, :focus:

I like shottys for first line of home defense.

Earlier in this thread the Taurus CT9 carbine was mentioned in passing.

New ones are showing up here in the dealer classifieds section now, and I was looking at the specs on them.

The trigger pull length is 15.5 inches, according to this write-up and evaluation:
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2015/8/4/taurus-ct9-carbine/

That's WAY too long for me, an adult male, for a close quarters battle weapon. It's a good length for a benchrest rifle, or a Palma match rifle made for shooting in the prone position only, and taking a full minute for each shot at the bullseye.

Taurus' design of the stock would make it very easy for them to have it adjustable for length of pull by at least a couple of inches. If the user could drop it from 15.5 down to 13.5, that would be great. I'd be willing to even use a screwdriver or socket set to accomplish this; it doesn't have to be instantly adjustable like the telescoping stock on an AR carbine.

P.S. the single-stack 10-round mags are a poor choice when so many pistol-caliber carbines use 15-33 round magazines. If Taurus envisions this gun as marketable in those states in the USA with an "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazine" ban, the gun itself would probably be forbidden because of the pistol grip, the ventilation slots between the barrel and the handguard, and perhaps the evil black paramilitary look. (California's attorney general approved including a single-shot shotgun on the assault weapon list of banned firearms because it was black and tactical and intended for poor people who wanted a cheap home defense gun).

Back
Top Bottom