Ideas for a solid 6.8 SPC round for deer & hog

Here's some good glass for the 6.8

IMG_0752.PNG

I handload using Barnes TTSX 110gr. with 28.5 gr of AA2230. Very accurate and very lethal. I've shot deer and hogs with excellent results. I have a similar handload using Nosler 110gr Accubond with 28gr AA2230. Excellent accuracy. I haven't hunted with them but Accubond bullets have a great reputation.

I have never used any Vortex glass myself, but my brother had a Diamondback mounted on a 260 and couldnt get it to hold zero. He missed several deer with it. Switched glass and dropped the next deer he shot at.
Good to know this. Thanks. I have been buying Nikon but have been tempted by the prices on the Vortex scopes. Perhaps I'll just stick with Nikon.

Good to know this. Thanks. I have been buying Nikon but have been tempted by the prices on the Vortex scopes. Perhaps I'll just stick with Nikon.

I have a 3x9 Nikon on my 300 BO and it is a solid scope. I have heard decent feedback on upper end Vortex stuff, but if it were me, Id steer clear from crossfire and diamondback glass. If i had to choose between diamondback and Nikon, Nikon gets the nod 10 times out of 10. Just my opinion.

I handload using Barnes TTSX 110gr. with 28.5 gr of AA2230. Very accurate and very lethal. I've shot deer and hogs with excellent results. I have a similar handload using Nosler 110gr Accubond with 28gr AA2230. Excellent accuracy. I haven't hunted with them but Accubond bullets have a great reputation.

I am not set up to load 6.8 as of yet, but i greatly appreciate your input and load data.

Back
Top Bottom