• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idemitsu anyone?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Anyone here happen to use Idemitsu H Plus on their Honda automatic? Any noticeable change in performance? It gets somewhat mixed reviews online. But as far as I can tell; Idemitsu makes Honda DW1. Whether or not H Plus is the same exact stuff or not I do not know. I need to do a couple flushes but wanted to see if I could get some real feedback before I order it. It will save me $68 if I can use the Idemitsu. Thanks for any input.

Fluids/oils are the proverbial rabbit hole if you're not careful. I've seen/heard the mixed reviews. I've heard that Idemitsu makes the OEM fluid for Honda/Acura as well.

There seems to be a few different brand transmission fluids available that meet the DW-1 spec. I think you could do a lot worse than the Idemitsu fluid.

A lot of the reman. transmissions I see come in that are not from Honda ( I work at a dealer) come with the Idemitsu fluid. I don't personally own a Honda/Acura vehicle so that is as far as my knowledge base goes.

P.S - I think in a lot of cases changing the fluid more often is more important than whatever flavor of fluid is your preference.

Back
Top Bottom