If they will not protect the children the teachers will

Jbear

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Wow more of this is what needs to happen. Maybe this will open there eyes. Year after year shooting after shooting all the nuts can talk about is gun control and bans. I think the Gov. needs to stop sending our tax $ to other countries that do not care about the USA. Then we could afford to protect the children since they think that it would cost to mutch $. I would like to see armed police or military personel at every entrance to every school in America if that is what it takes to protect the inocent children and teachers. But since putting protection in the schools in not a primary concern with them some things are about to change hopfully. More and more towns are now going to let teachers that have permits to have there guns in classrooms to protect the children. Hey if they will not do it then we have to do it ourselves. If this would have been done a long time ago maybe we could stop these type of tragic things from happening ever again.

Attachments

• yes.jpg
    yes.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 24
Aren't the laws against firearms on public school property federal? If they are, no town, city or state can let teachers carry legally on public school grounds. Washington would have to change the law. Fat chance of that happening.

I have a realistic solution.

Teachers could possibly be just as mentally unstable as anyone else so giving them gun may not be the best idea. However if you take the principal of the school and train him/her to use that firearm and give yearly mental evaluations that could be a great positive step to help ease this problem.

If shooter knew that the head of the administration at the school was armed that may prevent future attacks.

Just an idea.

I believe they are State level as far as private schools go.
At least that is a start.

(c) 6 - somewhere IIRC

edit..............

Found it O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127.1 (c) 6

Last edited:
I have a realistic solution.

Teachers could possibly be just as mentally unstable as anyone else so giving them gun may not be the best idea. However if you take the principal of the school and train him/her to use that firearm and give yearly mental evaluations that could be a great positive step to help ease this problem.

If shooter knew that the head of the administration at the school was armed that may prevent future attacks.

Just an idea.

The problem with your downside is that it is already a reality.
Anyone that goes mentally unstable is clearly ALREADY able to bring a gun in.
No need to become a teacher to go all covert and bring your gun in legally.

Just another idea

Aren't the laws against firearms on public school property federal? If they are, no town, city or state can let teachers carry legally on public school grounds. Washington would have to change the law. Fat chance of that happening.

It probably isn't federal because Texas has a law where teachers can CC. I think Utah does too (it may be another state I'll have to check).

Back
Top Bottom