• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you're gonna own a Hi Point...

There is no good reason for me to own a Hi Point. They're ugly. Their ergonomics suck. It's like a concrete block with a plastic grip. But... I still really want one for some reason and I'll own one one day I'm sure.
Some of y'all have probably read this before but I'll say it again. The Hi Point pistols are like Rossi, Charter and RG snubs were in the 70s and 80s. By that I mean cheap and plentiful. Back when I was growing up most homes had 38 Special snubs stashed all over the place. But now you can't get one in most places for under 3 bills. And don't get me wrong, I dig cheap snubs too. They're just much harder to find. So for that same 3 bills give or take a few bucks I have 2 9mm pistols and 1 Foty' . That's hard to beat.
So there's no reason not to own at least one. Pick your caliber but the C9 in 9mm is probably the way to go just for the size and ammo cost. I MAY bid on a 380 in the not too distant future. But that's really only because they use the same mags as the C9 which I have about 5 of now.
Oh and the best place to score a Hi Point aside from here is Gunbroker. There's always plenty of them on no reserve auctions. Just make sure not to bid on one where they're trying to ream you for another $40.00 Just to ship it.

Good or bad, reliable or not, cheap price point considered the bottom line in this. HiPoint is to firearms as Richard Simmons is to the male gender.
183701385.0.jpg

Some of y'all have probably read this before but I'll say it again. The Hi Point pistols are like Rossi, Charter and RG snubs were in the 70s and 80s. By that I mean cheap and plentiful. Back when I was growing up most homes had 38 Special snubs stashed all over the place. But now you can't get one in most places for under 3 bills. And don't get me wrong, I dig cheap snubs too. They're just much harder to find. So for that same 3 bills give or take a few bucks I have 2 9mm pistols and 1 Foty' . That's hard to beat.
So there's no reason not to own at least one. Pick your caliber but the C9 in 9mm is probably the way to go just for the size and ammo cost. I MAY bid on a 380 in the not too distant future. But that's really only because they use the same mags as the C9 which I have about 5 of now.
Oh and the best place to score a Hi Point aside from here is Gunbroker. There's always plenty of them on no reserve auctions. Just make sure not to bid on one where they're trying to ream you for another $40.00 Just to ship it.
giphy (94).gif

Sounds like i need to try one at least once lol
Yes you do. I've met more than one guy that went on and on about how good the carbines are but then bashed the pistols like they were a completely different company. Find you a C9 for no more than $100.00 and you can't go wrong. Run a few boxes through it,get used to it and stash it away for an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom