• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you're the size of a water buffalo : Fat shaming thread

If your BMI is over 40, you are Morbidly Obese. MORBIDLY, as in impending death. As in you are a medical / physiological (as well as anatomical!) nightmare. As in you are the reason healthcare workers have bad backs. As in that "snack" of three frozen pizzas and a fried chicken you ate at 11:50pm will probably cause you to aspirate during surgery and probably die. As in the documented costs of treating ANY ailment you may have is statically higher. As in if you are pregnant, your baby is already in trouble BEFORE you go into labor. As in your cardiovascular system is already close to the limit in allowing you to perform your activities of daily living, and thus you have little to NO physiologic reserve in crisis situations. As in when you are induced for anesthesia your abdominal contents will push Up against your diaphragm, forcing your lungs to empty whatever oxygen rich air had been stored there, and thus allowing your hemoglobin to become less saturated with oxygen which leads to hypoxia to the brain and heart, which, on the "good - bad scale" is BAD. As in, I'm probably going to have to lift your jaw away from your skull in a jaw thrust maneuver just to try to keep you breathing, and you'll wake up with a pain at your TMJ.

In other words, if your BMI is over 40, you are already declared to be suffering "Severe Systemic Disease" by the American Society of Anesthesiologist classification system. You are medically, anatomically, physiologically, and even biochemistrically (not sure if that's a real word) on the far end of the "BAD" spectrum.

Please lose weight. My hands are tired from keeping you breathing. You do NOT have a right to be so fat that my ability to practice anesthesia is endangered because of your body habitus.

P.S. If I've personally offended anyone, I do not intend to be cruel, malicious, or unkind. It is only out of love for mankind that I wish everyone the best of health. And that includes a BMI of less than 30.

fat ass 3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom