• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Illegal" firearms or accessories at Precision Applications, LLC training courses

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I've never had any issues in the nearly 25 years that I've been training folks outside of the Corps/LE. I've had plenty of students show up for courses with suppressors, select-fire weapons, SBR's, SBS's, etc. I've always assumed that the possessor of those items is legal and in compliance. I don't ask to see engravings, tax stamps, or anything else. If nothing brings it to my attention that the item is illegal, I give folks the benefit of the doubt and assume they're legal.

I use someone else's property for all my training. In addition, I have my own professional firearms instructor liability insurance. If I know or suspect that illegal activities are taking place during my training, and I don't do anything to correct it, I am opening myself and the property owners to huge liabilities. Additionally, if a weapon that I knew to be in an illegal configuration causes an issue or injury on the range, and it comes out that I knew about it, I can guarantee you that my insurance ain't gonna cover squat.

I will continue to operate the way that I always have; if you give me no reason to believe your weapons or equipment are illegal, it will be assumed that they are legal.

Semper Fi!

kick-ass-eric-cartman.gif

Back
Top Bottom