• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Illegals stand in line for a chance to stay in the US

That...unfortunately is the Power of the Ballot!...America fell asleep when "Hope & Change" was being "pitched".........Now it's time to wake up!....I do believe in proper immigration and immigration reform.........and it's sad to think that there are that many children/young adults kidnapped by their parents and brought to this country illegally. It really is a train wreck..

I am torn on the illegal issue.

After working in Cozumel as a Dive Master, I have sympathy for them. I was very well paid and tipped. However, the resort I worked for only paid the local help $1.50 a day. That is correct $1.50.
The other resorts paid the same. The Resorts charges tourists hundreds of dollars and pays the local workers nothing.

On the inside the concierge made made the best. Their tips were in US dollars and other currencies.

Coming to the US to have a better life for themselves and their families takes money. Money these people simply do not have.

Price of a VISA? These people simply cannot afford it.

I am a lawyer, and I work for insurance companies, doing litigation. On a couple of occasions, my colleagues and I have taken on some pro bono immigration work on behalf of indigent undocumented aliens. We have had two cases where the person ICE was trying to remove was an illegal immigrant who came to this country as a child. My client is a 16 year old boy, and the other case involves a 7 year old girl. My client was sent to the United States by his parents by way of a coyote. I know this kid and can personally assure anyone who asks that he is a good, well-meaning kid, has never been in any trouble with the law other than being undocumented, and that he will make a valuable contribution to American society. As to the 7yr old, her father is a family-abusing mid-level drug lord in Mexico, and it is not safe for her there; as such, her mother brought her to the country illegally. While her mother is also here illegally, ICE has not taken any action against the mother, and is instead seeking to deport the child by herself (presumably into the care of Mexican authorities).

Having seen these things, and the general absurdity of our immigration practices, I understand why this latest amnesty could be valuable: instead of spending time and money on deporting 7 year old girls, or 16 year old boys with no tendency toward criminality, we could be better focusing our efforts on those illegal immigrants who commit crimes. Assuming, as we must, a finite budget for enforcement that will not fund 100% removals, I think we are better served by concentrating on removing those individuals that pose a threat.

Back
Top Bottom