• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
Took the jeep in today for its first ever service.
They have me come from the waiting room to get the wheel lock out of the center console, because it's locked.

I say thanks because it's under my pistol. They show me to the shop, the lead mechanic is super nice and cool with me. His helper won't look at me.

They give me back my key, I open it, and no glock. I say out loud, "what the ****?"

But I push on because I can't remember if I left it at home. I had thought about doing that because I was going to the dealer.

Come home, check the locked up storage area, it's not there.

There is only one other place it COULD be and that's locked up at my office. I don't recall doing that, but I am human so I am going to check there before I go back to the dealer.

I have to go back anyways because they only did a 4 tire rotation and they have to fix it.

So question time. If it's not at my office, which I doubt it is, I intend to alert the manager and call the police to file a report. Press charges if I can but I doubt it.

Am I out of line?

if you don't have it and truly believe someone at the dealer stole then file a police report then inform the manger about it and inform him that you filed a police report. it might show up

when i put my car into the local auto shop i remove everything of value as well as personal things like cloths, firearms, ammo, electronics and papers

I've never had a new vehicle, so I've never had dealer service. I always stayed in my truck and drove through express oil change.

I was so confused because the head mechanic guy came and got me to come open the locked compartment where it was. He said he didn't want to do it. That's why i didn't say anything to him. I second guessed myself and thought I left it at home.

I keep remembering the helper seeing me in the corner of his eye and refusing to look up.

I wonder if the head tech said something like "see if he left the wheel lock on the dash for us" and the helper stole the glock, locked it back, and played dumb?

Back
Top Bottom