• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm about to cave, I need help!

I'm glad you guys got a kick out of my experience with the bow, maybe practice a little more or buy some newer tech archery equipment to achieve better results. I couldn't be consistent with my older bows , it wasn't till I ponied up and bought some new equipment that I achieved these results. I did kill a buck in the the southern tier of new York at 50 yards in a heavy wind a couple years ago.

People should stop and re-read their BS before they hit the reply button.

How is that BS? I have shot a compound out to 102 yards at a less than 10" target out in Redding. 3 d shooters shoot a 12 ring that's around 2" out to 50 some yards on unknown distance targets. Just because you can't do something don't suggest somebody else can't.

I'm glad you guys got a kick out of my experience with the bow, maybe practice a little more or buy some newer tech archery equipment to achieve better results. I couldn't be consistent with my older bows , it wasn't till I ponied up and bought some new equipment that I achieved these results. I did kill a buck in the the southern tier of new York at 50 yards in a heavy wind a couple years ago.

Nice shot. I shot 3d from 1997-2005 when the wars took over my life and in 2004 me and my shooting partner had to outdo each other all the time. One day he shot a doe from my stand at 50 yards, the next day a 7 pointer came into the exact same spot and I waited until he got to 53 yards to take a shot.

I had a compound bow for a year and was accurate out to 40-50 yards. In Georgia, you can’t see much further in the woods anyways inless you’re in a feild. I sold it because it takes a lot of time to practice and I just didn’t have enough time as I would like to practice with it. I now have a barnett whitetail hunter II that I bought brand new 2 months ago. I got it when it was $200 off so the total came out to $300. I’ve killed 4 deer with it with really nice accuracy. It shoots dead on at 50 yards. 60 & and 70 yards it drops about an inch. It will still kill a deer even at an inch low of the bullseye. I love my crossbow. Don’t ask questions.. just buy one. You won’t regret it.

I have an Excalibur Exomax bought second-hand about 5 years ago. My experience may not be typical, but I put in the time with the crossbow and scope to match the crossbolt drop to the multi-range reticle. I knew exactly where it would hit at 70 yards. My first kill was with my son sitting beside me calling the range with the range-finder, and it was a complete pass-through both lungs and heart at 83 yards. Before you yelp, do the math. I did. At 325 fps, Bambi had less than half a second from the time the sound reached her to get out of the way of the crossbolt that hit exactly where it was aimed from a stand with a rail to the deer standing in the open field.

never hunted with my bows but i shoot both regularly as a hobby (folks around me freak out a lot less when im shooting a bow vs a gun). stories i see here are about on par with my experience. I can hit a bulls eye on my targets pretty much any day of the week at 40 yards with my compound and shoot around 60 with my crossbow so if i ever had to i would honestly feel very comfortable at those distances.

Back
Top Bottom