• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm so thankful today!

drsmile

Default rank <2000 posts Sponsor
Master Extractor
162   0
Reaction score
9:30am just sitting up against the base of an oak. He come's out at about 50yds headed straight for me. I'm praying...pls show me your broadside - but he won't. He catch's wind of me, hunkers his head down. I raise my Micro7 w/ 300blk handloads slowly. This motion causes his to raise his head and show me his chest - I took the shot. His knees buckled and fell without a step. I was so pumped - I never had one fall like that before, after I dressed him I saw why. I drug him 200yds back to the house. My first buck - my son was a little timid, but got over it quickly when he was holding the heart in his hands:) That 130gr Barnes went through the chest, heart lung, and ended up somewhere distal of all that! Wound channel was huge!!!! 300blackout is an amazing round!!! 3 deer and a coyote this year with it.

So I am thankful this Thanksgiving; for my wife, children, family, life, and this deer that made this a day to remember forever.

deer.me.jpg

Congrats. I had a good morning too! This is was I harvested today!
He was running her. Took him first, she ran to a small thicket and stood still. Don't think she knew what happened. She walked out and I took her. Both dropped 45 yards from my stand. IT WAS AWESOME
i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_IMAG0030.jpg

i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_IMAG0029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom