• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

Why can’t civilians buy IR Lasers?​

A

WHY CAN’T CIVILIANS BUY IR LASERS?​

All IR Lasers are controlled by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and are classified as Class IIIb or IEC Class 3B Medical/Industrial Lasers. Class IIIb and IEC Class 3B Lasers emit between 5 and 500 mW output power. IR Lasers can only be viewed through Image Intensifier Night Vision technology and are invisible to the naked eye. Because of this, and the high power in which they operate, IR lasers can cause significant damage to eyes if exposed. Human and animal eyes have a natural aversion to bright light. When exposed, the natural reaction is to shut or avert the eyes. Because IR lasers are invisible to naked eyes, there is no reflexive response to look away or shut them. This means exposure can take place without the victim even knowing it, causing serious damage or permanent blindness. So, it is clear why the sale of these devices is restricted.
If a government or law enforcement department/ agency wants to purchase an IR laser unit, we will process the PO and a disclosure form and letter, signed by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer or CO is sent to the manufacturer whereupon the IR units are drop-shipped to the department address. We do not take possession of the IR laser units from the manufacturer.
This is what happens when you Google exactly what you want to find and nothing else :lol:

IR lasers are available to the civilian market, there is differences between what military and civilians can get, but their is definitely a commercial market for IR lasers, know plenty of people that have them. And for the past decade or more there's not much difference between military and commercial products.

“Night vision” from Amazon: $45

Look 👀 on Bambi’s face: Priceless

EA7327A5-CD98-4C5C-A0A0-56F5277CCA97.jpeg

To tell you the truth like I said before I was bored and just mulling over ideas in my head. Then a stroke or brilliance came over me. That thought was " What is the best way to get 3/4's of the member ship up in arms and fighting mad? ". I know cast doubt on the 9mm and let the games begin. LOL As God as my witness it was the only reason for creating this thread. IT WORKED!
I'm not convinced that you are that clever...

There are thousands and thousands of acres around me with very little population. I can't see deer running out anytime soon. It takes a 4×4 to get way back in the woods on those logging trails that are over 100 years old. You could drive for a full day and still have 100's miles of road to drive on. The hunting population has decreased drastically since I was a kid so not everyone is proficient enough to make a kill so around here game will be plentiful for a good long time. Plus bear and elk populations are a option as well.
White tail deer almost went extinct during the great depression.

If you want to cull down your moving gear wouldn't you want a cartridge that both a handgun and a rifle could use. The old cowboys and drifters were on to something. Their pistols and rifles often used the same round. So to keep from having to have 9mm and 5.56, why wouldn't you use something like a 357 be choosen for ability to use 38++p hollow points ect.? Or something like that.
I would go with 44 mag. Handgun and long gun

Back
Top Bottom