• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In OTHER industry news ... Vista Outdoor sell off numerous brands to Czechoslovak Group

BHPSteel

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score

Which brands you ask?
  • Federal
  • CCI
  • Hevi-Shot
  • Remington Ammo
  • Speer
Anyone noticing a pattern? Fenix Ammunition are:

Discuss at your leisure.

Which brands you ask?
  • Federal
  • CCI
  • Hevi-Shot
  • Remington Ammo
  • Speer
Anyone noticing a pattern? Fenix Ammunition are:

Discuss at your leisure.
Jeeezz....

There is still hope----​

Gov. Kemp: Norma Precision Ammunition Relocates its U.S. Headquarters, Manufacturing, Distribution Operations to Georgia​

I'm actually not THAT concerned about the CSG purchase or all those Vista brands. Manufacturing in the US is likely to continue and the international and somewhat broader commercial base they have may actually be a good sign. We'll have to see what the outcome is, but I'm struggling to see how it'll be a step down from Vista.

The Hornady explosion was - I think - limited in size and I haven't heard that production has stopped. It's a new plant, and assuming all the safeguards were in place (and they seem to have been with just one fatality and two hospitalizations) which I'd call unfortunate for the victims, doesn't sound like an overall disaster. Our supplies of Critical Duty are probably unaffected.

Lake City? Well, I got dragged for this elsewhere, but this is how the Lake City contract works. They make ammo for government consumption, based on anticipated demand. If they don't have an expectation of there being any excess capacity, they will cancel the commercial orders, because they can't fulfil them. It's going to be the same if there are other plants out there where the facilities are .gov owned and operated by private industry. And if commercial purchaser orders can't be filled, there's going to be a shortfall in supply.

I think the UTM issue (and I'm sure it'll happen to Simunitions too) is simply federal interference in the hope that the average LEO grunt can keep a bit of a skill advantage over the average disgruntled US citizen. It stinks, but we're going to have to flush out the Augean Stables that is Washington to be able to correct those kinds of shenanigans.

RUAG are a brand owned by the new consortium run by Beretta, if I remember correctly.

I'm not an uncritical fan of consolidation in industries, but it's been going on in small-arms and ammunition for a while. But it's good to bring 2A-related industry to GA along with well-paid jobs.

Back
Top Bottom