• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

In over my head, I need HELP!

Steve-O

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
Well I think I got in a little over my head. I met a gentleman not long ago whose father had passed. His father turned out to be a very skilled gunsmith and had a home shop for the last 20 years or so. His family was not interested in trying to keep a lot of his tools and equipment. A good portion of his tooling was in reloading equipment. Literally a room full. Well I have been trying to find reloading tools for some time now and I am an ASE certified master tech for my day job so a trade was made for the reloading supplies. We both got good out of the trade and he got quite a bit of repair and maintenance out of it. Now that I have the reloading gear home, it took four hours to dismantle it and load it all by the way, I am a little overwhelmed, scratch that, a lot overwhelmed. I only shoot 6 different calibers so I originally set out looking for a Dillion or some other progressive loader. I took home 26 different calibers worth of dies, bullet molds for 24 different calibers, 14 different presses, 2 lead smelters, 20 or so different powders, thousands of primers and tons of other tools and such for reloading!
Without getting into too long discussion about what I was looking for and what I ended up with, on to the part about this post. What would all of this equipment be worth? I would love to keep it all but I don’t have the time or space for all of it. And on top of that most of it would go unused because I have no need for it. I thought about selling it by the piece but all of the popular stuff would be gone first and I would have a lot of hard to sell stuff left over that I still can’t use. So I want to sell it all as a package and then go and buy a much smaller setup that more closely suits my needs. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, like I said, a little in over my head. Below are a few pictures for reference. I can be contacted by PM or at sjerrell@bellsouth.net or 678-232-7018.
Steve
Here is some of what I have.
Dies:
30-30 Win w/Powder measurer
45 Colt w/Powder measurer
45 ACP w/Powder measurer
44 Magnum w/Powder measurer
40 S&W w/Powder measurer
38 Spl w/Powder measurer
357 Magnum w/Powder measurer
9mm w/Powder measurer
380 ACP w/Powder measurer
9x16 Markov w/Powder measurer
32 ACP
7.62 Nagant Pistol
303 British w/Factory Crimp Die
30-06 w/Factory Crimp Die
7x57 Mauser w/Factory Crimp Die
300 Savage w/Factory Crimp Die
270 Win w/Factory Crimp Die
7.5x54 MAS w/Factory Crimp Die
35 REM w/Factory Crimp Die
8mm Mauser w/Factory Crimp Die
308 WIN w/Factory Crimp Die
7.62x39 russian w/Factory Crimp Die
7.62x54 russian w/Factory Crimp Die
7.62 Tokarov w/Powder measurer
.223 REM
7mm Dakota

Bullet Molds:
45 ACP
9x18 Markov
380 ACP 105g
Buck Shot .330 Dia (two of them)
Buck Shot .311 Dia
38 Spl
32 S&W
32 ACP (two of them)
9mm (2 bullet styles)
50 cal mini ball
50 cal
303 British
30-30 Win
8mm Mauser
8x56 Hungarian
7x57 Mauser
AK47 7.62x39 russian
308 7.62x54
12g slug
44 cal round ball (two of them)
50 REAL bullet
44 call rd nose
44 Mag

Presses:
3 Lee turret
4 dedicated primer presses; small pistol, large pistol, small rifle, large rifle
Lee single stage press
4 Shotgun presses
Hydra MEC
2 Lee
600 Jr Mark V
2 lead smelters
Digital scale and regular scale

Lots and Lots more!!

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
I was going to put it in the classifieds but first I just wanted some advice. What it is worth, is it sellable as a whole, any help or guidance or suggestions. I was hoping that more of the guys who reload would see it in this section.
Steve

I couldn't even begin to take a shot in the dark at the value of all of that. You're sitting on a pretty penny though, that's for sure.

IF you end up parting things out, I'm interested in the Lee single stage press, 9mm/45 ACP/40 S&W/38 Spl/357 Magnum die sets with powder measurers, digital scale, and any powders/primers/trays/etc associated with these calibers.

I'm currently trying to get into reloading and have nothing at the moment, so I'm starting from scratch. Best of luck with getting a solid value on all of this.

Last edited:
I couldn't even begin to take a shot in the dark at the value of all of that. You're sitting on a pretty penny though, that's for sure.

IF you end up parting things out, I'm interested in the Lee single stage press, 9mm/45 ACP/40 S&W/38 Spl/357 Magnum die sets with powder measurers, digital scale, and any powders/primers/trays/etc associated with these calibers.

I'm currently trying to get into reloading and have nothing at the moment, so I'm starting from scratch. Best of luck with getting a solid value on all of this.

I believe that the die sets with the powder measures are set up for the turret presses. so the single stage and the turret set up would not jive together.

I would first attend to making sure the primers are safely and securely stored. I would then get a supply of flat rate boxes and sign up for an account on an auction site. Sell it all separately.

most if it would be pretty easy to sell individually if you have time and it would be worth a lot more like that. i woudl guess that whoever buys it if you sell it whole would just do that as well as anyone who's into reloading is already going to have a lot of it already, but wanting spares. :)

RCBS dies would be around $25-30 each, Lee dies w/ factory crimp dies, $20-30 each, the casting stuff could probably be sold as a lump group pretty easily (check on http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ ), and each of the Lee presses would go pretty easily but themselves. Sell the primers and powder locally (hazardous material shipping fees if you ship it) and you should have sold most of it...

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom